This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Construction - House building|
|Salary||£42,000 - 45,000 + Car allowance + Bonus + Benefits|
- High-profile, expanding, national Housebuilding Group is currently looking to appoint a Finance Manager within one of its regional business units.
Reporting to the Regional Finance Director, the Finance Manager will: provide financial and commercial analysis to enable the region to achieve its objectives; manage the production of regional management accounts, forecasts and plans; support and liaise with regional and group staff on financial issues.
Key responsibilities for the Finance Manager include:
- Liaising with Regional Board, Regional Senior Management and Central Services to oversee, control and, in conjunction with the Regional Finance Director, produce and complete management plans in accordance with strict deadlines.
- Monitoring regional performance against management plans.
- Producing monthly forecasts including any associated analysis.
- Reviewing monthly site overhead reports and investigating any variances.
- Monthly sales & marketing and customer care cost reviews.
- Assisting the Regional Finance Director in controlling general overheads.
The Finance Manager will also be responsible for the Monthly Management Reporting. The report pack, which, needs to be produced to strict deadlines, contains:
- Trading results compared to management plans
- Turnover & gross profit report by site
- Selling price review against forecast
- Overheads and variance
The Finance Manager will also take ownership for the forecasting process, which, includes:
- Trading results up to pre-interest profit.
- Development trading forecast
- Updating site plans and site financial details with the latest planning permissions and information.
- Report on the impact of these changes and the impact on profit.
- Carry out mix analysis on sites / phases to improve profitability and liaise with sales and technical teams to agree the most appropriate housing mix.
The Finance Manager will also manage a small team.
Suitable applicants for the position should:
- Be a fully Qualified Accountant (ACCA, CIMA, ACA)
- Have proven management accounting and reporting experience
- Be comfortable working to strict deadlines
- Have preferably worked in the construction industry or a related, project-driven sector
This is a fantastic opportunity to make a genuine impact within an expanding, entrepreneurial business and offers excellent career progression.
The recruitment process will move quickly so please apply immediately to avoid disappointment.