Financial Processing Manager
This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Sector||Construction - Mechanical Engineering (M&E)|
|Salary||£30,000 - 35,000 + Benefits + Disc. Bonus|
Expanding, innovative Engineering Group is currently looking for a Financial Processing Manager to manage a team of 5 and ensure best practice within the AP, AR and Cash Management functions.
This is a newly-created role owing to the Group’s continued growth and the introduction of a new UK Head Office finance structure.
Reporting directly to the Financial Controller, the Financial Processing Manager will be responsible for:
• Daily AP and AR invoice and credit note approvals.
• Reviewing and approving the weekly payment runs.
• Preparing the weekly 12 month group rolling cash flow forecast
• Preparing bank reconciliations
• Preparing accruals and prepayments
• Meeting the month-end close deadlines and preparing supporting schedules for US parent company
Additional responsibilities for the Financial Processing Manager include:
• Ensure ledger balances for the offshore subsidiary company are reconciled monthly and carry out the reconciliation of their Management Accounts.
• Perform quarterly bad debt reviews.
• Responsibility for the timely and accurate postings and settlement of all invoices, personal expenses and corporate credit cards
• Prepare group VAT returns / EC sales and Intrastat.
The Financial Processing Manager will also:
• Be accountable for GRNI and Preliminary invoice levels
• Identify and review credit notes > $50k to ensure SOX process has been followed.
• Prepare balance sheet reconciliations as allocated for review.
• Assist in Sarbanes-Oxley internal/external audits as and when required.
• Assist in quarterly and annual audits as and when required.
As part of the new finance structure, the Financial Processing Manager will need to mould the team from 2 formerly separate divisions which will require standardisation of processes and systems and team development/motivation. Prior experience of a similar exercise or change management exposure would stand you in good stead.
Suitable applicants for the role should also have:
• Be a Part Qualified CIMA or ACCA with team management experience within a blue-chip/corporate environment
• Demonstrable knowledge of accruals/prepayments and completing month-end returns
• Experience of identifying and implementing financial process improvements and operating within a strict financial control environment
• Good VAT knowledge with the ability to grasp international VAT arrangements
• Experience of compliance within a best practice environment
This is an excellent opportunity to take on an integral role within a forward-looking and ambitious organisation.