|Sector||Infrastructure - Real Estate|
|Salary||£50,000 - 55,000 + Benefits|
- Entrepreneurial, rapidly-expanding private Schools Group is currently looking to appoint a Business Manager for their Twickenham School.
In this newly-created role, reporting to the Group Finance Director, the Business Manager will be responsible for the day-to-day organisation; management; and supervision of the finance, HR, premises and catering functions of the School.
Key Finance responsibilities for the Business Manager include:
To provide accurate and timely management reporting in the required form on a monthly, annual and ad hoc basis as required;
- To create and deliver initiatives that maximise economic returns whilst not impinging upon the quality of service offered;
- To prepare year-end figures for annual statutory audit, together with an audit pack of supporting information;
- Financial planning, management and control; maintain strong financial controls over all activities of the School to include monthly cash flow forecasting, credit control , bad debts, budgeting and Profit & Loss projections;
- To undertake financial modelling, sensitivity analysis and bench-marking performance on financial items such as annual fee increase and salary increase;
- Long term financial planning to include a 3- 5 year Capital Expenditure programme and any further expansion;
- Financial reporting and accounting in accordance with Directors’ and regulatory requirements;
- Management of annual budgeting process and oversight of the performance of internal budget holders
Key HR Management responsibilities for the Business Manager include:
- Ensuring maintenance and accuracy of the Single Central Register (SCR)
- Ensuring full compliance with all Safer Recruitment policies for new staff, coaches, volunteers and others
- In liaison with the Finance department, payment of salaries and wages, including tax, National Insurance and pension deductions
- Recruitment, management and development of all staff
- Appraisal and direct performance management of the subordinate team leaders
- Making sure that all staff are fully compliant at all times with all Child protection requirements
Key Buildings and Grounds responsibilities for the Business Manager include:
- Keeping the Buildings and Maintenance programme and schedule of costs up to date, effective hands on management of the Premises team.
- Tendering for all work and maintenance contracts in excess of £10,000 per annum
- Ensuring the effective maintenance and servicing of the estate and all School assets including buildings, plant and equipment to include sporting facilities.
- Producing costings and updating annually a long-term plan (3-5 years) for the replacement of plant, machinery, vehicles, catering, grounds and sports facilities for approval by the Board of Directors
Additional responsibilities include:
- Compliance with ISI and DfE regulations for schools
- Compliance with Health & Safety regulations, including risk assessments
- Management of the Finance, the Premises & Facilities, HR, Catering (including Lunch Time Supervisors) and Front of House areas of the school to ensure they all provide an effective and responsive service to the school, appraising them, setting targets and reviewing their tasks as needed. Arranging training for them as necessary
Suitable applicants will either have performed a similar role within a School before or will have a breadth of transferable skills from a corporate environment. The ideal candidate will have a mixture of both. Prior Financial Accounting experience is a must.
This is an excellent opportunity to take on a pivotal, senior role to ensure the success of the School and to support both the Head and the Group Finance Director to deliver the Strategic Plan and Vision for the School.