This job does not exist anymore.
Or fill in the form below to receive job alerts.
|Location||Croydon, Greater London|
|Area||London, EnglandSurrey, England|
|Sector||Construction - Property|
|Salary||£75,000 - 85,000 + Bonus + Benefits|
- Rapidly-expanding, PE-backed Property Development Group is looking to appoint a full-time Finance Director as part of its continued growth.
This newly-created role reports to the Group Managing Director and has direct staff responsibility for the Management Accountant and the Financial Accountant.
Supporting the Group MD, the Finance Director will:
- Advise on the best path for the growth of the business taking into account sources of finance, refinancing, and establishing the most tax efficient structure.
- Manage the finance team to deliver the timely and accurate production of the management and statutory accounts, and implementing the necessary controls to achieve this.
- Ensure compliance with loan finance covenants.
Key responsibilities for the Finance Director include:
- Controlling all aspects of the financial administration of the group including group financial reporting.
- Monitoring performance against budget for the asset management company.
- Developing new KPIs for the Group, as appropriate.
- Providing analysis and ensuring adequate commentary is provided to explain variances from budget, recommending corrective action and monitoring improvements.
- Identifying and implementing profit improvement and tax planning opportunities.
Additional responsibilities for the Finance Director include:
- Understanding and advising on all aspects of the funding agreements in place. This will include ensuring compliance with all covenants, planning for and managing ‘trigger’ events, advising on alternative sources of funding, and developing models to plan for various scenarios as well as advising on the best course of action.
- Developing financial policies and procedures and monitoring compliance.
- Ensuring strict adherence to accounting policies.
- Presenting financial results at board meetings.
- Liaising with the company’s advisors and third parties to ensure compliance with Corporation Tax regulations, Financial Reporting Standards, statutory audit, internal controls, PE relationship, banking relationships, finance arrangements and legal matters.
Suitable applicants for the Finance Director position should:
- Be fully qualified (ACA, ACCA, CIMA).
- Have prior experience within property development or a related sector.
- Be able to communicate at Board level
- Have a hands-on approach when preparing analytical data and developing the finance team.
This is a fantastic opportunity to take up a crucial role and help shape the future of this growing, ambitious Group.